An Ounce of Prevention is Worth $1000s
Did you know that even a small leak can cause thousands of dollars in water damage? And a flooded basement, laundry room, bathroom or kitchen can be even worse. At Minneapolis St. Paul, we can help you avoid this costly problem.
How to prevent costly water damage in Minneapolis St Paul
- Get annual plumbing inspections – Annual plumbing inspections and maintenance help you identify small problems before they become big ones.
- Repair leaking pipes – A slow leak might not seem like much now, but it can quickly become a major problem.
- Maintain your water heater – Water heaters that aren't maintain can burst (and even explode), causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home.
- Install a backflow prevention system – Not only will this help you prevent costly floods, but it also helps prevent contamination of your drinking water.
- Install a sump pump – Basements are notoriously moist and can be real problem area for water damage and mold growth. Sump pumps can help. And we even have sump pumps that can send you a message to your phone in case there's a problem.
- Install other emergency systems – You might also want to consider installing a washing machine shut-off system, a wireless water leak sensing system and a main water line emergency shut off. These help prevent costly damage to your home in case of a leak.
Expand and Continue Reading