Stress-Free Boiler Repairs
A boiler breakdown can be stressful. The techs at MSP take the stress out of the equation by getting you the help you need fast. Not only do we arrive with the tools and parts on hand to repair just about any brand and model of boiler, we also reduce future repairs by informing our customers of potential hazards before they occur. Plus, with our honest upfront pricing, you’ll always know what a repair will cost, even if things don’t go as planned. All the more reason to sit back and relax. We’ve got you!
When you hire us, you'll get:
- Honest, upfront pricing
- Same-day service
- 100% guarantees on our work
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - We're rated 4.4 out of 5 on Google with over 1,500 online reviews.
Cost to repair a boiler in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Low cost: $200
- Average cost: $600
- High cost: $1,000+
Factors that affect cost
- What's wrong with your boiler: Some boiler parts are more expensive to repair or replace than others. For example, a clogged burner nozzle won’t cost nearly as much as a cracked heat exchanger. Whatever your boiler issue, you’ll get total honesty from us every time, along with a fixed-price quote for the work involved.
- Whether your boiler is covered by the warranty: If your boiler system is under warranty, you’re in luck. A valid parts warranty, labor warranty or both can save you a heap of money on repairs. Parts warranties from the manufacturer are especially important in keeping costs down if one of the more critical boiler components breaks down.
- How often you've had the boiler maintained: If your boiler has been well-maintained over the years, you probably won't have to pay as much for your repair. That's because, during regular boiler maintenance, the tech can catch minor issues that would have turned into expensive repairs.
- The HVAC contractor you hire: Contractor labor costs vary across the board. Some charge more because they’re more experienced, better trained, and ensure all their techs are licensed. It’s almost always the case that the higher labor cost of an expert is worth it since the cheaper guys tend to make more mistakes, not to mention they won’t call you back when an issue arises.
Learn more about these factors by reading our blog article, "How Much Does a Residential Boiler Repair Cost in Minneapolis-St. Paul?"
Cost to repair a boiler in Minneapolis-St. Paul
MSP is here to make your boiler repair or replacement goes as smoothly as possible. That’s why we offer a fast and easy means of applying for financing through the Carrier credit card. With the Carrier credit card, you can get low- and no-interest payment options for your boiler repair* (or replacement).
Plus, Carrier credit cardholders enjoy:
- Access to special offers and promotions
- Convenient monthly payments
- Easy online account management
- ...and much more!
See financing details
*Repairs over $1,600 can apply for financing with the Carrier Credit Card. Call MSP for more details.
How it works
- We help you schedule an in-home estimate - Whether you contact us online or call us at (651) 228-9200 you’ll be put in touch with one of our friendly service experts. We’ll gather some information about your boiler issue and have a repair technician out to your home at your earliest convenience.
- We send an HVAC tech to your home - On the day of your scheduled appointment visit, you'll receive a courtesy call 30 minutes before your technician’s arrival. The tech will greet you at your door, introduce themselves and share some information about your upcoming diagnostic.
- We diagnose the problem and give you upfront pricing - Our HVAC tech will take the time to find the root problem and explain it to you. Then, your tech will discuss with you options to fix your boiler and give you honest, upfront pricing for each. No sleazy sales tactics or surprises when you get the bill.
- We repair your boiler - This is the best part: You sit back and relax while we fix your boiler. Before we leave your home, we'll clean up any messes and make sure your boiler is working in tip-top shape
Not sure if you should repair or replace your boiler?
It’s a fair question. On the one hand, you don’t want to face the upfront cost of a full replacement. On the other hand, you don’t want to continually pour money into a dying boiler system. To help you make the right decision, we’ve provided some tips below.
In general, you should consider replacing your boiler (vs repairing it) if:
- Your boiler is over 10 years old
- Your boiler needs frequent repairs
- Your energy bills are higher than they used to be
- Your home has cold spots that no repair takes care of
- Your boiler runs constantly but won’t fully warm the home
See boiler installation details
“Our 25-year-old boiler was just not able to make it one more winter without a little TLC. Fortunately, Minneapolis St. Paul Plumbing, Heating and Air was available! Mitch was able to make it out that day and after fully explaining our options, was able to complete the work in a timely and professional manner. We are looking forward to many years of partnership with the team, to ensure that our home’s heating and cooling units receive needed maintenance.” – Julie