TANKLESS WATER HEATER INSTALLATION IN MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN
Tankless Water Heater Installs Backed By a Century of Service Excellence
Has a new tankless water heater system caught your attention? If so, MSP's expert plumbers can have your system installed as early as today. MSP is a trusted name in water heater replacements and has been for over 100 years. Call today and see why thousands of homeowners rate us a 5-star plumbing contractor!
- Extended labor warranties (up to 10 years!)
- Convenient and flexible financing plans with approved credit
- System rebates filed on your behalf
On this page
Committed to your comfort for every tankless water heater install
Tankless water heaters are an excellent addition to any home, and not just because of their reduced size compared to tank water heaters. That on-demand hot water is a godsend on those chilly winter days in Minneapolis-St. Paul! If you're considering a new tankless water heater and want that install done right, your friends at MSP are here for you. We have the most popular systems right there in our trucks and can install them for you in just one visit to your home. If that sounds good to you, then give us a call today!
How much does a tankless water heater cost in Minneapolis-St. Paul?
- Low $5,000
- Our Average $6,500
- High $10,000+
What factors does MSP consider when determining price?
- Whole-home vs. point-of-use units: Whole-home units serve every hot water appliance and fixture in your home, making them incredibly convenient. Point-of-use units only serve appliances and fixtures in one area of your home, like the kitchen or laundry room, for example. Both are excellent systems, although point-of-use tends to be slightly more affordable.
- Flow rate: The greater the flow rate, the more expensive the water heater will be. However, units with a higher flow rate can deliver more hot water at once, allowing you to run multiple water fixtures without losing pressure.
- Efficiency: The more efficient the tankless unit, the more expensive it will be. The good news is more efficient units use less energy, which helps cut down on energy bills.
- Fuel source: You can choose a tankless unit that's powered by gas or electricity. Gas is a cheaper fuel source here in Minneapolis-St. Paul, which means we usually recommend you go with a gas-powered unit.
How to understand the wide price range
The range of prices above is an estimate for most tankless water heater installations. Your installation may fall outside this range. For a precise quote, an in-home diagnostic is a must. At MSP, we perform tankless water heater installation diagnostics for just $88, or FREE for Total Comfort Club members.Schedule estimate
Our 5-star tankless water heater installation process
We schedule a visit to your home
Whether you're still considering your options, or you know exactly which type of system you want, your friends at MSP are here to lend you a hand. Simply call or schedule online, and we'll have a plumber out to your home as early as the same day you reach out to us.
We discuss your comfort needs
After your plumber has arrived and introduced themselves, they'll speak with you about your family size, water use, and ideal hot-water situation. They may also review your existing tank or tankless system. Feel free to ask us questions as well. Our plumbers are more knowledgeable about these systems than just about anybody in the Twin City area.
We help you select the perfect tankless system
We'll present you with options that fit your needs and your budget and then help you weigh the pros and cons of each system. You'll receive an upfront quote for the install for all of the systems under selection. Your plumber will have the most popular tankless water heaters right there in their vehicle. So if you choose us as your installer, we may be able to install it the very same day.
We install your system to the highest industry standards
If you have an existing water heater, we'll remove it from the premises for you. From there, we'll perform any adjustments to your home's plumbing, electrical, or ventilation that are required to install the new system. Before we leave your home, the new system is always tested to ensure it's working at optimal efficiency.
Would definitely recommend them to anyone!
“Great company! Excellent service. They were fast and efficient with replacing a water heater and did a great job cleaning up afterward. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!”—Lisa S. | Minneapolis-St. Paul
Why Go Tankless?
Tank vs. tankless: which is better for my home?
Tank and tankless water heaters are both excellent systems for the modern home. But one may be better than the other depending on a family's needs and budget. Let's take a look at some of the biggest differences between tank and tankless systems:
- Installation Cost: Traditional tank water heaters are less expensive to install than tankless systems. This is due to the cost of the units themselves and the cost of labor during the installation, as tankless systems tend to require tweaks to a home's plumbing and electrical to install properly.
- Performance and Convenience: Performance has more to do with the model of each system rather than the type of system installed (tank or tankless). However, if we add convenience to the mix, then a tankless system's on-demand hot water power comes out on top.
- Energy Efficiency: Electric and gas tankless systems both tend to run more efficiently than their tank counterparts. The reasoning behind this is simple: you have to heat a lot more hot water in that big tank than you do in a smaller tankless system.
Committed to Our Community
MSP Plumbing Heating Air serves the entire Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area and beyond, including Dakota County, Ramsey County, Hennepin County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, and Carver County. This includes the cities of:
- Arden Hills
- Eden Prairie
- Inver Grove Heights
- Lino Lakes
- Little Canada
- St. Paul
- ...And more!