We Take the Stress Out of Furnace Repairs
Nothing is worse than your furnace malfunctioning on a freezing day. Whether your furnace is making strange noises or pushing out cold air, we can help. No matter the issue, our trained techs can get your furnace working properly in no time so your home can be comfortable again.
Trust MSP for a furnace repair done right, the first time around. When you hire us, you’ll get:
- Honest, upfront pricing
- Same-day service
- 100% guarantees on our work
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - We're rated 4.5 out of 5 on Google and have over 2,000 online reviews.
Cost to repair a furnace in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Low cost: $100
- Average cost: $300
- High cost: $1,000+
Factors that affect cost
- Service call charge: A service call charge (also called a diagnostic fee) is what a contractor charges to come to your home and diagnose the furnace issue. This does not include the price to repair the furnace. Some contractors will waive the service call charge if you hire them for the repair. If you choose to work with MSP for your furnace repair, we’ll waive our service call charge.
- What needs to be repaired: The cost to repair a furnace varies depending on the part that’s broken. Some furnace repairs are easy to fix and the parts needed are inexpensive; other furnace repairs require replacement parts that are expensive or more time to fix, which increases the cost of labor. Anything that increases the cost of labor or parts will increase your total repair cost. Our furnace techs will always start a repair visit by diagnosing your furnace issue and then providing honest repair recommendations with fair pricing.
- Whether or not your repair is covered under warranty: If your furnace part is covered under warranty, you can expect to pay less for the repair. Two types of warranty could potentially save you money on your furnace repair: the labor warranty and the manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty typically has a longer coverage period and will cover the cost of any needed parts for replacement. The labor warranty will typically cover the cost of labor for the repair. However, both types of warranties have caveats. To cash out your manufacturer’s warranty, your furnace issue must be caused by a manufacturer parts defect. Likewise, your labor warranty will only cover the cost of labor if a tech can prove that it was due to an installation mistake.
- The contractor you hire: Higher-quality contractors will generally charge more to repair your furnace, but they also do better work, which saves you money down the road in additional repairs and lost energy-efficiency. When you work with MSP, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’ll get high-quality work with our ironclad guarantees.
Learn more about the factors that affect cost by reading our blog, "How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Furnace in Minneapolis-St. Paul?"
Repair now, pay over time
Whether you need to repair your furnace or replace it entirely, MSP is here to make the process affordable and convenient. We offer an easy way to apply for financing through the Carrier credit card. With a Carrier credit card, you can get low-interest or no-interest payment options for your furnace repair or replacement.
Carrier cardholders also enjoy additional perks like:
- Access to special offers and promotions
- An open line of credit to use for repairs and emergencies
- Convenient monthly payments
- Easy online account management
Learn more about financing
How it works
- We help you schedule an appointment - We'll do our best to work around your schedule. So pick a time that's convenient for you.
- We send a tech to your home - One of our certified techs will talk to you about the issues you're having, then they'll inspect your furnace to find what's causing the problem.
- We give you upfront pricing - After our tech finds the problem, they'll let you know how much it's going to cost to fix the problem. The price they quote you won't have any hidden fees or surprise charges—just the honest, upfront price to fix your furnace.
- We fix your furnace - Once you agree to the price we quote you upfront, our tech will start repairing your furnace. You just sit back and relax. Once our tech finishes the repair, they'll explain exactly what they fixed, and they'll test your furnace to make sure it's working again.
Not sure if you should repair or replace your furnace?
It’s a fair question to wonder. On one hand, you don’t want to pay the upfront cost of a full replacement if you absolutely don’t need to replace your furnace. On the other hand, you don’t want to keep dumping money into a dying furnace. To help you make the call on repairing or replacing your furnace, we’ve provided some guidelines below.
In general, you should consider upgrading your furnace instead of repairing it if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old
- Your furnace has needed multiple repairs
- Your energy bills are higher than normal
- Your furnace is making strange noises
- Your furnace runs constantly but can’t keep your warm
- Your home is unevenly heated
See furnace installation details.
"I called due to my ancient wall furnace acting up. I got service the next day on my time schedule, the typical service fee, they gave me an option other than trying to sell me a unit. I decided to get it over with and get a new one... The guys were clean, neat, polite, cleaned up, I could understand them, they even wore booties in the house. Highly recommended."