FURNACE REPAIR IN MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN
A Century of Trust Behind Every Furnace Repair
Minnesota's climate is tough on heating systems. But that won't stop our HVAC techs from giving you the best furnace repair you can get in the Twin City area. Call today and let us put your mind at ease. We're open 24-7!
- Upfront, fixed-price quotes
- Repairs on all makes and models
- Convenient same-day service
On this page
Committed to your comfort for every furnace repair
A broken furnace in the middle of winter isn't just a comfort concern. It can be life-threatening. That's why MSP has techs on call 24/7 to assist you at a moment's notice. And for those non-emergencies, our experts are still here to give you the best experience and value on your furnace repair that money can buy. Whether your furnace is making strange noises or pushing out cold air, we can help.
How much does a furnace repair cost in Minneapolis-St. Paul?
- Low $100
- Our Average $300
- High $1,200+
What factors does MSP consider when determining price?
- Replacement parts: The cost to repair a furnace varies depending on the part causing the problem. A furnace repair diagnostic by a trained professional is the first step toward a resolution. From there, you'll want a contractor who will give you an honest opinion on whether that part can be repaired, or whether it needs to be replaced. MSP techs will never steer you wrong and will always give you multiple repair options when possible, and always with fair and transparent pricing.
- Service call charge: A service call charge (also called a diagnostic fee) is what a contractor charges to come to your home and diagnose the furnace issue. This does not include the price to repair the furnace. At MSP, this charge is $88 during normal business hours. However, if you're an MSP Total Comfort Club member, we'll waive our service call charge completely!
- Furnace system warranties: Warranties are a great way to save money on your repair. And when it comes to furnace warranties, there are two you should be aware of: part warranties and labor warranties. Part warranties cover the cost of failed parts if those parts are defective. Labor warranties cover repair labor costs by your contractor. If you aren't sure whether you're protected, an MSP technician can help find out for you.
How to understand the wide price range
The range of prices above is an estimate for most repairs, and your repair may fall outside this range. For a precise quote, an in-home diagnostic is a must. At MSP, we perform repair diagnostics for just $88, or FREE for Total Comfort Club members.Schedule repair
Repair or Replace
Not sure whether to repair or replace your furnace?
Every furnace eventually needs to be replaced. But knowing when to replace that system can be challenging. We recommend reviewing the list below. If two or more of the following concerns apply to your furnace, it may be time for a new system.
In general, you should consider replacing your furnace if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old
- You've seen a significant increase in repair visits and repair costs each year
- Winter energy bills have gone up continuously year after year
- Your home has hot/cold spots that aren't responding to simple repairs
- Your furnace runs constantly and cannot keep the house at the desired temperature
Compare repair vs. replace pricing
|REPAIR:||$100 to $1,200+|
|INSTALL:||Starting at $3,500|
Our 5-star furnace repair process
We confirm your appointment request
We'll do our best to accommodate your schedule and choose a time that works for you. Many times, we can have a technician to your home as early as the same day you call. We also offer 24/7 service for repair emergencies.
We send a technician to your home
Your technician will arrive at your home on time for your appointment. Before their arrival, you'll receive a courtesy reminder call or text, so you aren't caught off guard. From here, your technician will greet you at your door, introduce themselves, and ask politely for the location of your furnace.
We give you upfront pricing
Your licensed MSP technician will perform a thorough repair diagnostic for just $88 (free for Comfort Club members!) and share multiple repair resolutions with you whenever possible. The price they quote you won't have any hidden fees or surprise charges—just the honest, upfront price to fix your furnace.
We resolve your furnace issue
Once you've selected a repair option, our tech will get right to work on the repair. We have the parts on hand to complete your repair in a single service visit in almost every case. Meanwhile, you just sit back and relax. You're in good hands with our techs! After the repair is complete, your technician will show you their work and thoroughly test the furnace before leaving.
Easily the best experience we've had with a repair tech...
“We were blown away with the service provided by Jake from MSP today. Easily the best experience we’ve had with a repair tech in our home. Jake was thoughtful, kind, and explained everything thoroughly, and gave an accurate price on the spot. We look forward to working more with MSP Plumbing Heating Air because of this experience.”—Ben N. | Minneapolis-St. Paul
Want to see more excellent 5-star reviews?
Committed to Our Community
MSP Plumbing Heating Air serves the entire Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area and beyond, including Dakota County, Ramsey County, Hennepin County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, and Carver County. This includes the cities of:
- Arden Hills
- Eden Prairie
- Inver Grove Heights
- Lino Lakes
- Little Canada
- St. Paul
- ...And more!
Book Your Furnace Repair Diagnostic Today
We've delivered unmatched customer service to the Twin Cities for over 100 years. You're in good hands with MSP!