AC REPAIR IN MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN
Bringing Over 100 Years of Trust to Every AC Repair
Minnesota's climate is tough on cooling systems. But that won't stop our HVAC techs from giving you the best AC repair you can get in the Twin City area. Call MSP today and let us put your mind at ease. We are open 24-7!
- Upfront, fixed-price quotes
- Repairs on all makes and models
- Convenient same-day service
On this page
Committed to your comfort for every AC repair
When it comes to AC repairs, nobody delivers more value for your money than MSP. It starts from the moment you schedule, with convenient appointment windows and reminder notifications. We follow it up with an outstanding service visit by some of the most highly-trained HVAC techs in the industry. Our techs make repairs on all AC brands and models and have the tools and parts on hand to repair your AC in just one visit to your home. We even provide you with a fixed-price quote for work, so if we hit overtime, you won't pay a penny more than what you signed up for.
How much does an AC repair cost in Minneapolis-St. Paul?
- Low $259
- Our Average $550
- High $1,500+
What factors does MSP consider when determining price?
- Replacement parts: The cost to repair an AC varies depending on the part that's broken. Some repairs (capacitors, for example) are relatively simple and inexpensive to fix. Other repairs require a bit more time and effort, like replacing a compressor. Regardless of what's broken, we'll always give you multiple repair options to choose from. You'll also receive a fixed-price quote for the work to protect you if the repair takes longer than expected.
- Service call charge: A service call charge (also called a diagnostic fee) is what a contractor charges to come to a home and determine what's causing an AC to malfunction. At MSP, this charge is $88 during normal business hours. However, if you're an MSP Total Comfort Club member, we'll waive our service call charge completely!
- AC system warranties: If your air conditioner is under a part warranty, a labor warranty, or both, you might not have to pay anything (or as much) for your AC repair. Manufacturer warranties typically last longer and cover the cost of replacement parts (if those parts fail due to manufacturer defects). The labor warranty usually covers the cost of labor needed for certain repairs.
How to understand the wide price range
The range of prices above is an estimate for most repairs, and your repair may fall outside this range. For a precise quote, an in-home diagnostic is a must. At MSP, we perform repair diagnostics for just $88, or FREE for Total Comfort Club members.Schedule repair
Repair or Replace?
Not sure whether to repair or replace your AC?
Every AC system eventually needs to be replaced. But knowing when to replace that system can be challenging. We recommend reviewing the list below. If two or more of the following concerns apply to your AC, it may be time for a new system.
In general, you should consider replacing your AC if:
- Your AC is over 10 years old (the fall-off point for most manufacturer warranties)
- You've seen a significant increase in repair visits and repair costs each year
- Summer energy bills have started to strain your finances
- Your home has humidity problems
- Your home has hot/cold spots that aren't responding to simple repairs
- Your AC runs constantly and cannot keep the house at the desired temperature
Compare repair vs. replace pricing
|Repair:||$259 to $1,500+|
|Install:||Starting at $3,500|
Our 5-star AC repair process
We confirm your appointment request
We'll do our best to accommodate your schedule and choose a time that works for you. Many times, we can have a technician at your home as early as the same day you call. We also offer 24/7 service for repair emergencies.
We send a technician to your home
One of our licensed technicians will speak with you about the cooling issues you're having. From there, your technician will perform a thorough diagnostic of your system for just $88 (free if you're a Comfort Club member). Once your technician is finished, they'll share their findings with you.
We give you upfront pricing
Whenever possible, your technician will provide you with multiple repair options along with pricing for each one. You'll always receive the final say, and we'll never assume which option is best for your family and budget. Once you've selected a repair option, we'll provide you with a fixed-price quote for the work and get started on the repair.
We resolve your AC issue
The experts at MSP are trained on every AC brand and model out there. So regardless of your system, we usually have the repair completed in just an hour or two. Once the repair is finished, your tech will thoroughly check their work and make sure your home is as clean or cleaner than how they found it.
Great service today!
“The tech showed up on time. He was friendly. He fixed the problem with our air conditioner quickly, and he offered good advice and taught me some more about my system. Very happy we had MSP service our new air conditioner. Great service today!”—Bob U. | Minneapolis-St. Paul
Committed to Our Community
MSP Plumbing Heating Air serves the entire Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area and beyond, including Dakota County, Ramsey County, Hennepin County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, and Carver County. This includes the cities of:
- Arden Hills
- Eden Prairie
- Inver Grove Heights
- Lino Lakes
- Little Canada
- St. Paul
- ...And more!