Stress-Free AC Repairs
Nothing is worse than being stuck in a hot house with no cold air. No matter what's wrong with your AC system, our trained techs can fix the issue quickly and thoroughly so you can relax and be comfortable again.
Trust MSP for an AC repair done right, the first time. When you hire us, you'll get:
- Honest, upfront pricing
- Same-day service
- 100% guarantees on our work
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - We're rated 4.5 out of 5 on Google with over 1,500 online reviews.
Cost to repair an AC in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Low cost: $100
- Average cost: $550
- High cost: $1,000+
Factors that affect cost
- What's broken: The cost to repair an AC varies depending on the part that's broken. Some repairs are relatively easy to fix and inexpensive (like replacing a capacitor); others require more effort and time to fix, raising the price (like replacing a compressor). Our licensed techs will start your repair visit by diagnosing your system to determine what’s broken. Then they’ll provide honest and transparent advice on your repair options, alongside fair pricing for each.
- Service call charge: A service call charge (also called a diagnostic fee) is what a contractor charges to come to your home and figure out what your AC problem is. This does not include the price to repair the AC. The good news is, if you hire us to do the repair, we will waive our service call fee.
- Your warranty: If your air conditioner is still covered under warranty, you might not have to pay anything (or as much) for your AC repair. Technically, there are two types of warranty that could potentially save you money on your AC repair: a labor warranty and the manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty typically lasts longer and covers the cost of any needed replacement parts (if those parts failed due to manufacturer defects). The labor warranty usually covers the cost of labor needed for certain repairs.
Learn more about these cost factors by reading our article, "How Much Does an Air Conditioner Repair Cost in Minneapolis St. Paul?"
Repair now, pay over time
Whether you decide to repair your AC or completely replace it, MSP is here to make the process affordable and stress-free. We offer a fast and easy means of applying for financing through the Carrier credit card. With the Carrier credit card, you can get low- and no-interest payment options for your AC repair* (or replacement).
Plus, Carrier credit cardholders enjoy:
- Access to special offers and promotions
- Convenient monthly payments
- Easy online account management
- ...and much more!
See financing details
*Repairs over $1,600 can apply for financing with the Carrier Credit Card. Call MSP for more details.
How it works
- We help you schedule an appointment - We'll do our best to accommodate your schedule and choose a time that works for you.
- We send a tech to your home - One of our certified techs will talk to you about the cooling issues you're having and then inspect your system to find the problem.
- We give you upfront pricing - Once our tech finds the problem, they'll let you know how much your AC repair will cost. No surprise fees—just honest, upfront pricing.
- We fix your AC - Once you give our tech the go-ahead, they'll start repairing your system. Once the repair is finished, the tech will make sure your AC is properly cooling your home before they leave.
Not sure if you should repair or replace your AC?
It’s a fair question. On the one hand, you don’t want to face the upfront cost of a full replacement. On the other hand, you don’t want to continually pour money into a dying AC. To help you make the right decision, we’ve provided some tips below.
In general, you should consider replacing your AC (vs repairing it) if:
- Your AC is over 10 years old
- Your AC needs frequent repairs
- Your energy bills are higher than they used to be
- Your home has humidity problems
- Your home has hot/cold spots
- Your AC runs constantly but can't keep you cool
See AC installation details.
“The tech showed up on time. Was friendly. He fixed the problem with our air conditioner quickly, and he offered good advice and taught me some more about my system. Very happy we had MSP install our new furnace and air. Great service today!” - Bob U.