An Ounce of Prevention is Worth $1000s
Did you know that even a small leak can cause thousands of dollars in water damage? And a flooded basement, laundry room, bathroom or kitchen can be even worse. At Minneapolis St. Paul, we can help you avoid this costly problem.
How to prevent costly water damage
- Get annual plumbing inspections – Annual plumbing inspections and maintenance help you identify small problems before they become big ones.
- Repair leaking pipes – A slow leak might not seem like much now, but it can quickly become a major problem.
- Maintain your water heater – Water heaters that aren't maintain can burst (and even explode), causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home.
- Install a backflow prevention system – Not only will this help you prevent costly floods, but it also helps prevent contamination of your drinking water.
- Install a sump pump – Basements are notoriously moist and can be real problem area for water damage and mold growth. Sump pumps can help. And we even have sump pumps that can send you a message to your phone in case there's a problem.
- Install other emergency systems – You might also want to consider installing a washing machine shut-off system, a wireless water leak sensing system and a main water line emergency shut off. These help prevent costly damage to your home in case of a leak.
Expand and Continue Reading